Welcome to S.P.A.C.E.! Where we believe that “peace is louder than violence”/”people can articulate their needs in a nonviolent way”/” in a goodwill building to counteract violence”. We’re here to educate on the importance of being proactive towards negative rhetoric that leads to violence in terms of immigration, in a better way to protect the people of this nation. Let’s open a space for discussion.
So let’s start by providing a base for such discussion, because it’s sometimes hard to pin down the exact issues with immigration and even what it is. This is a safe environment where we want to produce effective communication that counters extreme rhetoric-so this site will lay the groundwork.
What is immigration?
- According to the Legal Dictionary, immigration is defined as follows:
- “The entrance into a country of foreigners for purposes of permanent residence. The correlative term emigration denotes the act of such persons in leaving their former country”.
- What are some current statistics on immigration in the United States?
- Below is a statistical table provided by Department of Homeland Security
- What is the history of immigration?
- Below is an interactive tool designed to teach about immigration history